[ANN] Groovy 2.3.9

Guillaume Laforge-2

Hi all,

As an early Christmas present, the Groovy team is happy to release a Groovy 2.3.9 update.

It’s also the opportunity for us to wish you all pretty Groovy holidays!

Groovy 2.3.9 is essentially a bug fix release in our official stable branch.

We’re also planning on releasing a first release candidate of Groovy 2.4 very soon, with a goal to release the final version in January, once we’re happy with the stability and feedback from the community.

You can read the Groovy 2.3.9 release notes to learn more about the tickets closed, and head over to the download section of the beta Grooy website to get the latest and greatest bits on your computer!

Thanks a lot for all your contributions and support!

Keep on groovy-ing, and groovy holidays.

--
Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
Pivotal, Inc.

[ANN] Groovy 2.4.0-rc-1

Cédric Champeau

Hot on the heels of our 2.3.9 update, the Groovy team is happy to release the first release candidate of Groovy 2.4.

This release candidate is our upcoming new major version of Groovy, with the Android support, performance optimizations, traits refinements with application restriction, and more. We’re planning on releasing the final Groovy 2.4 version in January, once we’re happy with the stability and feedback from the community. So please take a moment to try out this release candidate and report your findings!

You can read the Groovy 2.4-rc-1 release notes to learn more about the tickets closed, and head over to the download section of the beta Groovy website to get the latest and latest bits on your computer! The documentation for this version can be found here.