[ANN] Nextflow 0.7.0

Paolo Di Tommaso
Dear all,

After exactly 1 year and more than 600 commits, I'm pleased to announce publicly Nextflow, a DSL for data-driven computational pipelines, based on Groovy and Gpars.

If very few words Nextflow allows you to write a computational pipeline in a declarative manner, by simply putting together several processes.

A process can execute Java/Groovy code or any BASH/shell script supported by the hosting system. Processes can be executed locally, using a legacy batch scheduler (SGE, LSF, SLURM) or through an Hazelcast cluster (incubating feature).

The processes parallelisation and synchronisation is modelled around the dataflow programming model and implemented heavily on Gpars dataflow.

If you are interested, you can read more at the link below

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Groovy and Gpars communities for helping in this project answering the many questions I've posted in the past months, with a special mention to: Guillaume Laforge, Cédric Champeau, Jim White, Tim Yates, Russel Winder and Václav Pech.

Happy hacking.

Paolo Di Tommaso