Dr'Dobbs coverage of Groovy++

Alex Tkachman
Hi All!

Here is link on Groovy++ introductory article of Roshan Dawrani and
myself in Dr'Dobbs - http://drdobbs.com/open-source/229500788

Can be interesting for ones who is looking for balance between
statically & dynamically typed feature of Groovy.

Alex

Re: Dr'Dobbs coverage of Groovy++

Graeme Rocher
Interesting, also highlights some of the differences to normal Groovy.
For example I think the syntax:

(SortedMap)[a:10, b:12, toString: { "I don't support it" } ]

Is a huge mistake. Granted I've never liked map->class coercion in
normal Groovy so maybe it is just me

What you don't want is to fall into the trap of Scala by creating
syntax constructs that are too out there

My 2c

Cheers

--
Graeme Rocher