GPars 1.0 arrived

I'm happy to announce that after four years of development GPars, the Groovy concurrency library, has just reached its 1.0 mark. A fresh and crispy GPars 1.0.0 is now ready for you to grab or download and use on your projects. Also, the up-coming Groovy releases will bundle GPars 1.0.

Compared to the previous release, 1.0 brings several performance enhancements, considerable API updates, polished documentation and numerous functionality improvements, mostly in the dataflow area. Please, check out the <a href="http://www.gpars.org/1.0.0/guide/guide/gettingStarted.html#gettingStarted_what&#39;sNew" target="_blank">What's new section of the user guide for the details. Full release notes are also available.

I would like to use this opportunity to thank all the Groovy people, who have over time contributed in one way or another to the success of GPars. It is my honour to be part of such a helpful and encouraging community. In particular, I would like to thank my colleague GPars commiters, namely Paul King, Dierk Koenig, Alex Tkatchman and Russel Winder, who we've been consistently pushing the project forward and without whom it would hardly ever get this far. I also greatly appreciate the support we received from Guillaume Laforge, the Groovy supreme commander. Thank you all gentlemen!

Groovy concurrency times ahead!

Václav

Re: [gpars-announce] GPars 1.0 arrived

Guillaume Laforge-2
Congratulations on this major milestone to all the team!
The Groovy team will be happy to bundle GPars 1.0 in the upcoming Groovy 2.1 release!

Guillaume

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 6:52 AM, Václav Pech <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Guillaume Laforge
Groovy Project Manager
SpringSource, a division of VMware

Re: GPars 1.0 arrived

Roger Studner
Congrats to the GPArs team!  I've been enjoying GPars for almost all of these years (mostly just because its use has taught me more about different concurrency models than all the books i've read combined).

Best,
Roger

On Dec 19, 2012, at 12:52 AM, Václav Pech <[hidden email]> wrote:

I'm happy to announce that after four years of development GPars, the Groovy concurrency library, has just reached its 1.0 mark. A fresh and crispy GPars 1.0.0 is now ready for you to grab or download and use on your projects. Also, the up-coming Groovy releases will bundle GPars 1.0.

Compared to the previous release, 1.0 brings several performance enhancements, considerable API updates, polished documentation and numerous functionality improvements, mostly in the dataflow area. Please, check out the What's new section of the user guide for the details. Full release notes are also available.