Quantcast

GPars First Cut

Russel Winder-3
I have pushed what I think is most of the GPars website current (*) to
[hidden email]:GPars/gpars.github.io.git I will do a check tomorrow but
if others can check and tell me what I am doing wrong or what content is
missing or needs updating that would be great.

(*) And it seems very out of date in some places :-(

Re: GPars First Cut

Russel Winder-3
I have updated the website at gpars.github.io and it being GitHub
Pages, the site is actually live. The design is terrible but that is
because I haven't got to grips with the CSS and all this design stuff.
I think everything that is at gpars.codehaus.org is now on the new
site, though I have been making a few edits on the way.

I think we are ready for the gpars.codehaus.org switch-off, sort of.
Anyone with CSS knowledge who wants to improve my initial hack, please
feel free to submit a pull request on [hidden email]:GPars/gpars.github.io.git

Re: GPars First Cut

Russel Winder-3
On Sun, 2015-01-18 at 21:26 +0200, Victor Vlasenko wrote:
> I have forked your repo with these changes and plugged in Grain. Not
> sure if Grain and Asciidoc are needed for this website at all at current
> stage.

I believe there is growing support for ASCIIDoc over Markdown in the
Groovy community. As the GPars guide is in ASCIIDoc, it would probably
be consistent to have the rest of the website in ASCIIDoc rather than
Markdown.

> The pros are that you generate your website yourself and if something
> need some non-trivial customizations you can do it any time with the
> help of some Groovy code. But if you don't need anything special then
> keeping all the website at github.io in form of markdown pages is fine.

The upside of using Jekyll with GitHub Pages is that you write the HTML
and Markdown and then simply push the repository and the site happens.
What is the way of working with Grain and ASCIIDoc?

> The forked repo is here:
> https://github.com/sysgears/gpars.github.io
>
> I have converted front page to asciidoc and turned on syntax
> highlighting with coderay. Haven't worked on styling yet, so the look is
> the same.

Thank you for taking the time to do this.

Jekyll is supposed to do code highlighting but from what I can tell
there is no Groovy highlighting, what's the betting they only highlight
of Ruby.