GPars samples

Russel Winder
Over the last couple of years I have been using "Calculate Pi using
Quadrature" as an example of an embarrassingly parallel computation in
my talks -- culminating in recent sessions at ACCU 2010, including the
keynote on Friday.

Although some of the coding may be embarrassingly bad, I have just
released all the code examples (which include variants C, C++, Fortran,
C#, Java, Functional Java, Groovy, GPars, Scala, Clojure, Fortress, X10,
Chapel) in a Bazaar branch.

The branch is at http://www.russel.org.uk/Bazaar/Pi_Quadrature and can
be branched using:

        bzr branch http://www.russel.org.uk/Bazaar/Pi_Quadrature

If you see any things in need of correction or want to add to this pot
of examples, let me know.

Thanks.

Re: GPars samples

Travis Ennis
Is there any other way to access this besides using Bazaar?

--
Travis Ennis

Re: GPars samples

Russel Winder
On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 17:15 -0400, Travis Ennis wrote:
> Is there any other way to access this besides using Bazaar?

No.  Is Bazaar a problem for you?

> On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Russel Winder <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Over the last couple of years I have been using "Calculate Pi using
> > Quadrature" as an example of an embarrassingly parallel computation in
> > my talks -- culminating in recent sessions at ACCU 2010, including the
> > keynote on Friday.
> >
> > Although some of the coding may be embarrassingly bad, I have just
> > released all the code examples (which include variants C, C++, Fortran,
> > C#, Java, Functional Java, Groovy, GPars, Scala, Clojure, Fortress, X10,
> > Chapel) in a Bazaar branch.
> >
> > The branch is at http://www.russel.org.uk/Bazaar/Pi_Quadrature and can
> > be branched using:
> >
> >        bzr branch http://www.russel.org.uk/Bazaar/Pi_Quadrature
> >
> > If you see any things in need of correction or want to add to this pot
> > of examples, let me know.
> >
> > Thanks.

Re: GPars samples

Travis Ennis
No, it's not a problem. I just had never used it nor did I have it
installed, so I thought I would check to see if there was another
method of obtaining the code. I thought perhaps that Bazaar had a web
interface for repositories that I didn't know about.

Anyway, thanks for making the code available. I'll install Bazaar; it
might prove to be nice learning experience.

Thanks,
Travis

On Wed, 2010-04-21 at 08:18 -0400, Travis Ennis wrote:
> No, it's not a problem. I just had never used it nor did I have it
> installed, so I thought I would check to see if there was another
> method of obtaining the code. I thought perhaps that Bazaar had a web
> interface for repositories that I didn't know about.

I am currently trying to get Loggerhead working so that the Bazaar
branches can be viewed just via a Web client.  However my
Apache/Loggerhead configuration knowledge is inadequate to the task of
getting it working :-(

Given your request, I will put in more effort!

> Anyway, thanks for making the code available. I'll install Bazaar; it
> might prove to be nice learning experience.

OK.

The converse is also true, there might be something in the examples that
allows you to teach me something, so if you spot something, do let me
know.