Gpars actor message priority

Josh Durbin
Hello everyone-

Has anyone come up with a solution for implementing message priority for messages/actors in gpars? I've got a situation where I'd like particular message types to jump to the top of an actors message queue.

Thanks for any insight.

-Josh

Re: Gpars actor message priority

Russel Winder-3
Josh,

On Thu, 2014-03-27 at 16:07 -0700, Josh Durbin wrote:
> Hello everyone-
>
> Has anyone come up with a solution for implementing message priority for
> messages/actors in gpars? I've got a situation where I'd like particular
> message types to jump to the top of an actors message queue.
>
> Thanks for any insight.
>
> -Josh

I am not aware of any work happening on this.

I am guessing the strategy would be to have a priority value associated
with every message sent to an actor and for the actor message queue to
be a priority queue rather than a queue.

Re: Gpars actor message priority

Johannes Link
To be frank, I'd like to know much more about the scenario in order to
judge if this would really fit into Gpars' current actor philosophy. I
have my doubts but I might be wrong.

Johannes