Groovy/Gpars Concurrency Gotchas

Hamlet D'Arcy
Hi all,

In the last thread, Alex linked to his nice Java Concurrency Gotchas slides.

Does anyone have resources for Groovy or GPars specific concurrency
gotchas/bad practices?

As part of the CodeNarc project, we're creating static analysis rules
to find bugs and bad practices. I turned Alex's slides into a whole
bunch of feature requests in the project, and the next release should
be a big help to people writing concurrency Groovy code. If you know
of a Groovy/Gpars specific gotcha then I'd love to hear it so we could
expand the static analysis. You can reply to this thread or me
personally. Thanks,

--
Hamlet D'Arcy

Re: Groovy/Gpars Concurrency Gotchas

Alex Tkachman
Hamlet,

I probably missed/lost this email with link to slides. Could you
please re-share it

Alex

http://tech.puredanger.com/2009/06/03/javaone-java-concurrency/

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Alex Tkachman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hamlet,
>
> I probably missed/lost this email with link to slides. Could you
> please re-share it
>
> Alex
>
> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 6:29 PM, Hamlet D'Arcy <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In the last thread, Alex linked to his nice Java Concurrency Gotchas slides.
>>
>> Does anyone have resources for Groovy or GPars specific concurrency
>> gotchas/bad practices?
>>
>> As part of the CodeNarc project, we're creating static analysis rules
>> to find bugs and bad practices. I turned Alex's slides into a whole
>> bunch of feature requests in the project, and the next release should
>> be a big help to people writing concurrency Groovy code. If you know
>> of a Groovy/Gpars specific gotcha then I'd love to hear it so we could
>> expand the static analysis. You can reply to this thread or me
>> personally. Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> Hamlet D'Arcy
>> [hidden email]