Groovy++ in action: Gretty/GridGain/REST/Websockets

Groovy++ in action: Gretty/GridGain/REST/Websockets

Alex Tkachman
Hi Everybody!

I want to share with you my article on lightweight framework called
Gretty. It based on amazing Netty and Groovy++ but can be used from
pure Groovy as well. Maybe you will find it useful.

Groovy++ in action: Gretty/GridGain/REST/Websockets

And no, Gretty is not instead of Grails. You use Gretty when you need
something less powerful than traditional web application but very fast
both in development and runtime.

Best regards
Alex

Re: Groovy++ in action: Gretty/GridGain/REST/Websockets

Alex Tkachman
Guys, sorry for missed link -
http://www.dzone.com/links/r/groovy_in_action_grettygridgainrestwebsockets.html

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Alex Tkachman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Everybody!
>
> I want to share with you my article on lightweight framework called
> Gretty. It based on amazing Netty and Groovy++ but can be used from
> pure Groovy as well. Maybe you will find it useful.
>
> Groovy++ in action: Gretty/GridGain/REST/Websockets
>
> And no, Gretty is not instead of Grails. You use Gretty when you need
> something less powerful than traditional web application but very fast
> both in development and runtime.
>
> Best regards
> Alex

Re: [grails-user] Re: Groovy++ in action: Gretty/GridGain/REST/Websockets

Alex Tkachman
No, Gretty has nothing like GORM. It has no Spring, no Hibernate, no
GSP (but supports FreeMaker)