Intellij Idea 13 project

chiquitinxx
Hey!

I have cloned gpars, and ./gradlew tests is ok. But if I open project with Intellij 13, some errors related to netty appears. I have tryed with ipr project, or generating new one with gradle idea without success. Any special tip or instructions te get project working?

Thanks you very much.

Re: Intellij Idea 13 project

Paolo Di Tommaso
Apparently they messed up the JetGradle plugin. Same problem here.

Paolo

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Jorge Franco <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey!

I have cloned gpars, and ./gradlew tests is ok. But if I open project with Intellij 13, some errors related to netty appears. I have tryed with ipr project, or generating new one with gradle idea without success. Any special tip or instructions te get project working?

Thanks you very much.

Re: Intellij Idea 13 project

Hi guys,

this is definitely something we need to fix urgently. The project is meant to build out-of-the-box. Unfortunately, I need more detailed info of what went wrong, since "gradlew idea" generates a valid project file for me, which upon opening in IDEA 13.0.1 shows no missing dependencies and compiles just fine.
Please, do not use the GPars_IDEAX project file, since it serves for TeamCity builds only.

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Paolo Di Tommaso <[hidden email]> wrote:
Apparently they messed up the JetGradle plugin. Same problem here.

Paolo

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Jorge Franco <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey!

I have cloned gpars, and ./gradlew tests is ok. But if I open project with Intellij 13, some errors related to netty appears. I have tryed with ipr project, or generating new one with gradle idea without success. Any special tip or instructions te get project working?

Thanks you very much.

Re: Intellij Idea 13 project

Paolo Di Tommaso
Hi Václav,

I had this problem trying to import it using the IntelliJ import function.

But using the "gradlew idea" task, it worked smoothly.

Thanks,
Paolo

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 6:31 PM, Václav Pech <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Cloned again, ./gradlew idea, open the new gpars.ipr in Idea. And all fine, with Java 1.7.25 all green :)

That evil Gpars_IDEA.ipr! Thank you.

2013/12/20 Paolo Di Tommaso <[hidden email]>
[...]

Paul King

Maybe we should rename that file to GPars_CI_Only or something like that?

Paul.

On 21/12/2013 3:31 AM, Václav Pech wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> this is definitely something we need to fix urgently. The project is meant to build out-of-the-box. Unfortunately, I need more detailed info of what went wrong, since "gradlew idea" generates a valid project file for me, which upon opening in IDEA 13.0.1 shows no missing dependencies and compiles just fine.
> Please, do not use the GPars_IDEAX project file, since it serves for TeamCity builds only.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Vaclav
>

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 4:59 PM, Paolo Di Tommaso <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Apparently they messed up the JetGradle plugin. Same problem here.
>

>     Paolo
>

>     On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Jorge Franco <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>         Hey!
>
>         I have cloned gpars, and ./gradlew tests is ok. But if I open project with Intellij 13, some errors related to netty appears. I have tryed with ipr project, or generating new one with gradle idea without success. Any special tip or instructions te get project working?
>
>         Thanks you very much.
>

> --
> E-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
> Blog: http://www.jroller.com/vaclav
> Linkedin page: http://www.linkedin.com/in/vaclavpech

---

Re: Intellij Idea 13 project

Russel Winder-3
On Sat, 2013-12-21 at 15:50 +1000, Paul King wrote:
> Maybe we should rename that file to GPars_CI_Only or something like that?

Sounds fine to me, but remember it also holds the default for the
inspectors which are copied to the new project files during creation
using Gradle.

Re: Intellij Idea 13 project

Good idea, guys. I'm on it.

Vaclav

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Russel Winder <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, 2013-12-21 at 15:50 +1000, Paul King wrote:
> Maybe we should rename that file to GPars_CI_Only or something like that?

Sounds fine to me, but remember it also holds the default for the
inspectors which are copied to the new project files during creation
using Gradle.

Dr Russel Winder      t: <a href="tel:%2B44%2020%207585%202200" value="+442075852200">+44 20 7585 2200   voip: [hidden email]
41 Buckmaster Road    m: <a href="tel:%2B44%207770%20465%20077" value="+447770465077">+44 7770 465 077   xmpp: [hidden email]

Re: Intellij Idea 13 project

Guys,

I renamed the CI-specific project file and updated the TeamCity build configurations accordingly. Confusion has been ruled out.

Vaclav

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Václav Pech <[hidden email]> wrote:
Good idea, guys. I'm on it.

Vaclav

On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Russel Winder <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Sat, 2013-12-21 at 15:50 +1000, Paul King wrote:
> Maybe we should rename that file to GPars_CI_Only or something like that?

Sounds fine to me, but remember it also holds the default for the
inspectors which are copied to the new project files during creation
using Gradle.

Dr Russel Winder      t: <a href="tel:%2B44%2020%207585%202200" value="+442075852200" target="_blank">+44 20 7585 2200   voip: [hidden email]
41 Buckmaster Road    m: <a href="tel:%2B44%207770%20465%20077" value="+447770465077" target="_blank">+44 7770 465 077   xmpp: [hidden email]