Presentations about GPars

Russel Winder-2
I guess we should start collecting on the GPars website material about
GPars -- talks slides, videos, documents, etc.  The website is a wiki so
people should be able to add material themselves, we just need an
initial page linked in to the front page for people to work with.

A subsidiary question:  In presenting GPars to audiences, which examples
have people found the one that audiences react to the best?

I am planning this webinar I am doing for BCS on 2010-03-17 and am
wondering which are the best small example I could work through that
would have the best chance of capturing people's imagination.

Thanks.

Dr Russel Winder      Partner
                                            xmpp: [hidden email]
Concertant LLP        t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,   f: +44 8700 516 084   voip: sip:[hidden email]
London SW11 1EN, UK   m: +44 7770 465 077   skype: russel_winder

Re: Presentations about GPars

Hi Russel,

this is an excellent idea. Perhaps we could build on the current http://gpars.codehaus.org/Presentations page. There is still quite some free space over there ;)

I'm typically using the DemoSwingCollectionProcessing demo, to illustrate the difference in CPU utilization by a sequential and a concurrent algorithm.
The DemoSwingActors could be used to visualize actors exchanging messages and DemoSwingDataFlowProgress shows tasks/threads communicating via dataflow variables.
In my opinion, we could still benefit from having more of these visual demos.

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 8:17 AM, Russel Winder <[hidden email]> wrote:
I guess we should start collecting on the GPars website material about
GPars -- talks slides, videos, documents, etc.  The website is a wiki so
people should be able to add material themselves, we just need an
initial page linked in to the front page for people to work with.

A subsidiary question:  In presenting GPars to audiences, which examples
have people found the one that audiences react to the best?

I am planning this webinar I am doing for BCS on 2010-03-17 and am
wondering which are the best small example I could work through that
would have the best chance of capturing people's imagination.

Thanks.

Dr Russel Winder      Partner
                                           xmpp: [hidden email]
Concertant LLP        t: +44 20 7585 2200, +44 20 7193 9203
41 Buckmaster Road,   f: +44 8700 516 084   voip: [hidden email]
London SW11 1EN, UK   m: +44 7770 465 077   skype: russel_winder