Statically typed dynamic dispatch

Alex Tkachman
Hi All!

I want to share with my latest article dedicated to new very
interesting feature we've implemented in Groovy++. I feel it opens a
lot of interesting possibilities but I really curious what do you
think - http://groovy.dzone.com/articles/groovy-action-statically-typed

Best regards
Alex

Re: Statically typed dynamic dispatch

Cedric Hurst
Great article, Alex.  Any chance of seeing some sort of GPars+Groovy++ integration to provide alternatives to the category-based DSLs GPars is using currently?

Re: Statically typed dynamic dispatch

Chanwit Kaewkasi
Hi Alex,

Just wanted to share as well that I have done some similar concepts
using invokedynamic as a part of this paper:

http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~design/vmil/2010/papers/p06-kaewkasi.pdf

It might be useful for Groovy++, and Groovy in general.

Regards,

Chanwit

--
Dr Chanwit Kaewkasi, Lecturer
School of Computer Engineering,

Re: Statically typed dynamic dispatch

Alex Tkachman
This is more question to Vaclav and others. I don't have any immediate
plans in this direction. Most probably some similar constructs might
emerge in G++ libs.