Using Concurrency and Parallelism Effectively

Using Concurrency and Parallelism Effectively

Kerridge, Jon
Hi,

I have just had published a book, in two parts, on Concurrency and Parallelism using the Java CSP libraries with, crucially, Groovy helper classes to make them much easier to use.

These are electronic books, available free, as follows:

Using Concurrency and Parallelism Effectively – I

http://bookboon.com/en/using-concurrency-and-parallelism-effectively-i-ebook

Using Concurrency and Parallelism Effectively – II

http://bookboon.com/en/using-concurrency-and-parallelism-effectively-ii-ebook

The books have support software available from the same web site that contains the code of all the examples used and the line numbers in the book and the software match making it easy to use the book on an e-reader and the software on a workstation.

Jon

Professor Jon Kerridge
School of Computing
Edinburgh Napier University
Merchiston Campus
Edinburgh EH10 5DT

0131 455 2777

Re: Using Concurrency and Parallelism Effectively

Russel Winder-3
Jon,

Apologies for being very late seeing this. Python workshops and
Java/Groovy conferences are my excuses.

On Tue, 2014-09-30 at 09:54 +0000, Kerridge, Jon wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just had published a book, in two parts, on Concurrency and
> Parallelism using the Java CSP libraries with, crucially, Groovy
> helper classes to make them much easier to use.
>
> These are electronic books, available free, as follows:
>
> Using Concurrency and Parallelism Effectively – I
> http://bookboon.com/en/using-concurrency-and-parallelism-effectively-i-ebook
I have downloaded this one and will give it a read just as soon as I
can.

> Using Concurrency and Parallelism Effectively – II
> http://bookboon.com/en/using-concurrency-and-parallelism-effectively-ii-ebook

This one seems to require some sort of subscription so I'll read the
first part and then see what the deal is.