static groovy preview is available

Alex Tkachman
Hi All!

I am happy to report that first preview of static compiler for groovy
is available at http://code.google.com/p/groovypptest/ Feel free to
give it a try and report your experience and issues at
http://groups.google.com/group/groovyplusplus?hl=en. Same group will
be used for announcements of new builds (probably quire often) and
general discussions regarding compiler.

We worked hardly on the compiler because we believe that it might
become important piece of technology based on all power of Groovy and
may be it will increase this power.

I also want to use this opportunity to express my gratitude and
respect to all developers of Groovy both currently and in the past.
Guys, it is honor and pleasure to work with you on the project and
what I and my team did for compiler would not be possible without
everything we together did and continue to do for regular Groovy.

Best regards,
Alex